Question : Is it allowed to resort to law enforcement authorities or the courts in a non-Muslim country if there is a conflict between two Muslims and there is no sharia court in the country, or where the sharia court has no legal validity for the country?
Answer : It is not permissible to refer for judgment from other than the Adil Mujtahids who base their verdicts on the laws of the sharia. In such conflicts between Muslims, one should suggest to the opposing party to refer to the religious authority, the Mujtahid, to resolve the conflict. If the opponent refuses, and the only way to obtain one’s rights is through the courts of the land, then it is permissible to do so.
The parties of a conflict can also settle it by referring to a third party after they agree to the judgment of the latter as a way of reconciliation.
Question : What is the ruling on driving over the speed limit (while driving)?
Answer : It is not permissible if the driver puts himself or others at risk.